Wednesday, October 05, 2005

My Bedroom Closet

I thought I would be quite smart today and show you how to revitalize "Lac Paint". I got all my wood trim sanded, ready to be primed and decided to sand the floor in my closet with 100 grit paper so that it too could be painted. The area is small so I used the palm sander. I vacuumed and wiped the floor with a damp paper towel and a sponge. Then I soaked a paper towel in denatured alcohol and wiped my floor expecting it to come to life with a gloss sheen. The alcohol didn't do anything except make the floor a little cleaner. I thought it would lift some of the paint off, revitalize the color and maybe, just maybe I wouldn't have to paint this floor, but alas NO!!!! So I really have nothing that will improve your knowledge of home renovation except that sometimes I don't have a clue what I am doing!

Since I took the picture anyway, here is my closet floor. This is the same closet that I smoothed the walls to AND the same one that was a real bugger to install a light in way back in times of "Yore". I think it took me 3 hours to snake the electric wire behind the molding and feed it through the wall to where I wanted the fixture! If I was a paid electrician then this would have been the most expensive bit of wiring in the whole house... When we move in, Deborah will fill it with a small portion of her clothing and shoe collection and I will never see the walls or floor again.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just spent several hours looking in your archives & websites. I really enjoyed peeks into your old house! I hope one day to restore an 1840's home myself. I imagine the wealth of information you gather about the house and the time period are enormous. Thank you for taking time to share your adventures!! =)

K said...

Hee hee, I admit it's somewhat gratifying to see others besides me having struggles. :)