.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

This Old Crack House

From log house to farmhouse. Farmhouse to townhouse. Townhouse to apartment house. Apartment house to crack house. Crack house to our house. Our house to our home.

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ask and you shall receive!

Many years ago I posted a link on the right side of this page that told readers what few items we were in the market for. The main two items were a door that is 101" X 36 " and a ceiling light fixture for the parlor. Well, we have had several referrals but no luck on the door. We got one email about a month or so ago regarding a light fixture though. I took up the offer to acquire the fixture and installed it the day that it arrived. The only issue was that it came without the six shades that it needed. I don't know if you have ever looked for shades but they can end up costing more than the light fixture if you are not careful. Kind of like getting a picture framed. I just spent $300 a piece getting two $20 posters framed. Some things just don't make sense!
Any way. The person who sold me the light fixture has been eager to see if I would make a post about this. I held off until the light shades arrived. I was able to get the best possible price for these shades at Lehmans which is here in Ohio. Believe me I searched extensively online at many options. These were the most cost effective. Of course I had to order 6 pieces which caused an automatic backorder situation which delayed delivery. Anyway, here is the light fixture in all it's glory.



Now I am going to have to paint the room!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3/24/2011 1:43 PM, Blogger Divine Theatre said...

It was worth the journey! Lovely!

 
At 3/25/2011 7:59 PM, Blogger P.j. said...

I had 6 shades in the same style in a carmel color, but with a smaller fitter. We only had a couple of globe style shades (like the fixture on your "want" page), so I'm glad you found what you wanted at a good price. I'm sure the fixture is happy in its new home. Thanks for posting the photo--FINALLY! (I was beginning to worry that you'd fallen off the ladder or was electrocuted while installing the light! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home