Thursday, April 07, 2005

A Gold Star and a Kiss on the Cheek goes to...

Kasmira at Cincinnati Cape Cod for correctly guessing that my entire day would be spent sweeping the floors and vacuuming all the dust that has accumulated on the second floor over the last 6 months because of all the sanding I have been doing!

There is a reason I am doing this. The main one is that I have to prepare the bathroom for the major onslaught of tiling that I need to do this month. I also need to put down the oak floor in the narrow hallway on the same floor. I've also managed to get much of the dust off the floor in the finished bedroom (it was really bad) but that will still require some oil soap and a floor mop.

I wonder how many times I have actually had to sweep the floors, I know it is a lot!

It isn't easy being me.....

4 comments:

K said...

Awww, poor Gary. I have given up on keeping our kitchen floor clean while the work in there is going on. ... Maybe I shouldn't have admitted that.

Kasmira said...

Yeah! I win!

Anonymous said...

Dust (especially from drywall work) is my least favorite part of home renovation. Actually it is the cleaning up the dust. Isn't it amazing that you can vacuum, sweep, mop and then still find more dust? Good work!

Jocelyn said...

Dust? I was so excited because my Mom and sister got me a Dyson vacuum for x-mas and I could vacuum our walls and furniture w/ all the attachments etc... I finally felt like our house was clean (after all the construction)and had a cannister full of dust and dog hair to prove it! If anyone is in the vacuum market- I recommend Dyson. ;o) I like your site- you are very witty.