Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Sunday at the Auction

We went to another one of Woods Auctions on Sunday. We were interested in these two pieces of furniture.





We had an idea of what we were willing to pay for them. $600 for the couch and $1000 for the display case. Well, we didn't get either. The couch sold for $850 or something like that. Which was fine because it really wasn't a practical piece and we would have to decorate the room around it. The display case sold for over $1300. we'll find another one some day.

We didn't get off scott free though. Deborah got these for $45 a piece. There is always room for an Eastlake parlor chair.



Then she bought this for $65. Now this is going to be a fun plaything for Elizabeth when I rig it up but I doubt that the neighbors will agree. My trusty 4' level is there for scale. The thing weighs close to 100 lbs. Elizabeth will certainly know when dinner is ready!



I bid on this.




It is a folk painted sausage stuffer. I will probably strip it of paint and hang it in the kitchen along with the assortment of old knives, slaw cutters and implements that we are accumulating. Hey, for the $5 it cost, I can throw it at the squirrel on my third floor or fill it with play-doh and start my own shape factory!

1 comment:

K said...

I agree - you can never have too many Eastlake parlor chairs. At least that's what I tell myself every time I buy one.