.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

This Old Crack House

From log house to farmhouse. Farmhouse to townhouse. Townhouse to apartment house. Apartment house to crack house. Crack house to our house. Our house to our home.

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source

Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Sneak Peek at the Concrete Sink!

I broke open the mold today.



The basin knock-out was not co-operating the way I wanted it to but once I had removed the 4 rows of styrene



I was able to pull out the remaining pieces leaving the cardboard shell as planned.



Once that was removed I was left with this



and the really good news is that after minimal routing of a piece of framing wood, it fits perfectly!



So I will be grinding the top and front this weekend and doing a very small amount of slurry work to fill a minimum of voids. I opted to not do the agate and the lighting feature as it would have been overkill for such a small space. All will be revealed when everything is finished.

Yey me! This deserves a beer......

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 11/16/2007 10:27 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I can't wait to see the finished product!

Very cool!

 
At 11/18/2007 3:08 PM, Anonymous Patricia W. said...

That is awesome Gary!

 
At 11/21/2007 4:57 AM, Blogger Michael said...

It looks great! I don't know if I like the marbling of the bowl (personally), but it came out looking pretty neat. Did you see the article on concreate countertops/sinks in the most recent Fine Homebuilding?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home