Friday, November 09, 2007

Wallpaper Going Up!

Wow! This has been a long time coming. We bought this wallpaper at least three years ago. I must admit, it is certainly easier to put it on BEFORE the molding is put in! I don't have to worry about perfect placement horizontally. What I have learned is that all inside corners are plumb until you wallpaper them. It becomes particularly noticable when you use striped wallpaper! I was fortunate to catch this early and devise a suitable solution. Here is the dining room from the kitchen;





The "Cottage" living room;


The main living room;



The parlor;



and the hall;




That's right, you can't view it from the hall right now because I have a sheet of insulation over the doorway to keep the heat from the pellet stove contained to the first floor! Yes there are five doorways to our dining room.

Here is that concrete fireplace hearth with a couple of coats of acrylic varnish. It brings out the color and the pattern much better;

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the colors. They are amazing. And I love the lusters. I would like to move in immediately if this would be my house. The house is a treasure chest now.

Maggie said...

i love that wallpaper. it is so lovely.