Monday, March 10, 2008

Lovely weather. Wish you were here.




This is the best our slope has looked (without any effort from me) in many years. It is a shame that it will only last a few more days. Needless to say, things are slow at the "Crack House" this winter. Spring will soon be here though. I just can't wait to rebuild my chimney this spring! Are you as excited for me? I only have to carry several hundred bricks up three flights of stairs and then 13 feet up a ladder to the top part of the roof. Any volunteers from the audience? It's a great work-out. Builds up leg muscle. Will test your stamina and it's character building .... anyone?

5 comments:

John said...

I was going to offer to help if you came down and refinished my floors. Then, I was worried that you might actually take me up on it, and I'd have to haul your bricks. That would suck. I hauled all the bricks from the Devil Queen's original lot to our place; I figure we moved around 4000 bricks (not including the foundation stones). That wasn't fun. I can't imagine it with stairs. You'd have sweeten that deal with a lot of beer and even more scotch. Good luck.

Fred said...

I was totally planning on helping. See, this thing came up at work, and the kids will likely be sick, and my car has been making this clungy-clunk-zzzzz-clunk noise that I absolutely must get taken care of. But, I really will miss being there.

P.S. Just found your blog. v. nice. I'll definitely stop back often.

kendra said...

Wow, the chimney sounds like an ambitious project! Wish I could help, but I've been laid up with a back injury since a car accident over the holidays. (I'm dreading that snow leaving our slope, too, since no gardening is going to happen anytime soon. Argh. I guess I should at least get back on the blog and post pics of the tiny south-park themed infant hats I've been knitting while sitting on my behind).

Sandy said...

I'd help, but my arthritis is acting up...

Skymosher said...

I'm not even going to bother with an excuse. No, I won't help. I am way excited for you though! A new chimney is a wonderful thing. :)