.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

This Old Crack House

From log house to farmhouse. Farmhouse to townhouse. Townhouse to apartment house. Apartment house to crack house. Crack house to our house. Our house to our home.

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source

Friday, March 17, 2006

The BIG EBAY ACQUISITION of "06"

Well, I found one! It is a perfect fit. No filing or grinding. OK, so it cost 10X what I paid for the first one, but it is complete. At 10 times the cost it is STILL a bargain considering that you only find something like this once in 5 years! It arrived intact also! So, the old one that was just a little too big will be put up on Ebay in the next week or so.

What am I on about?
This of course!



Here was the old one I found in December



Then there was the batch of twelve 1860s sash locks I got. I only needed five of them so I guess some of them will wind up on Ebay also!. Here is one of them



Then there were the six 3-way dimmer switches for $30 including shipping. All of which have been installed already.

This has all been too good to be true. Something bad will happen. I'll bet when I turn my water on next month there is a leak due to a burst pipe! Probably behind the shower.....

5 Comments:

At 3/17/2006 9:28 AM, Blogger HomeImprovementNinja said...

Holy Hammers, Batman! That's a perfect match. Congrats!

 
At 3/17/2006 10:36 AM, Anonymous Sean said...

I would hold onto the extra sash locks - its always a good idea to have a few spares around...

 
At 3/17/2006 10:49 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

Awesome finds!

 
At 3/17/2006 12:39 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Looks good! You gotta love that warm fuzzy feeling when you get such a great deal.

 
At 3/17/2006 3:56 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Spectacular! And it arrived in one piece. What more could you ask for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home