.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

This Old Crack House

From log house to farmhouse. Farmhouse to townhouse. Townhouse to apartment house. Apartment house to crack house. Crack house to our house. Our house to our home.

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source

Friday, April 14, 2006

I'll Never Be Your Beast of Burden....

There is actually one thing I dread MORE than plumbing. Working on vehicles. If you recall, I let the "Beast" sit for 6 months before actually fixing the problem which cost only a few $ in the end. Well, the beast decided to act up again this week. I drove it to a property last Saturday about 5 miles away to pick up some bricks that were generously donated to us by a Houseblogs reader. He is fixing up this place and will be selling it very soon!



Any interested parties should email me so I can charge an exhorbitant referral fee. Did I mention the unique brick patio? Er I mean motorcycle storage area....

This is the furthest that the "Beast" has been driven since September last year! So, I load it up with bricks and start having trouble keeping the motor running. Regardless, I get it back and unload it, then when it was time to return for the remaining bricks, the engine would not start. I ended up running the battery down and had to charge it up over night. On Sunday I went to get the rest of the bricks because the "Beast" was being co-operative. With the thing loaded up with more bricks do you think it would start? Nooooo way!
Well, there it sat until Thursday. I changed the spark plugs, the plug cables, the distributor cap, the rotary arm and added some transmission fluid. Would it start? Yes, but then it died again!
I took the battery home and charged it up again.

Well, the only thing left to play with was the ignition coil. So I got to do that today. Guess what? That was it! I must admit, it certainly is running better! So after almost 5 years, my Ford "Beast" has cost me a grand total of $130.00 in repairs and maintainance. This little escapade being around $37.00 of that.

In future I may refer to the "Beast" as a "Rolls Canardly" (you know, like a Rolls Royce or a Rolls Bentley) because it can roll down a hill but can hardly roll back up one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home