Thursday, September 14, 2006

The New with the Old.

A couple of years back I tore a garage down for a neighbor. It took two days and I did it all with a pry bar, a crow bar and a sledge hammer. I salvaged the window caps and later stripped them and painted them. They were mounted on a wall with masonary screws and liquid nails with the intention of using them as coat racks. I could never find hooks that I liked that weren't $15 a piece though. During our trip to IKEA we found some coat hooks that we liked. They were modern with an old look. They come in packs of two for $4 but if you buy the rack version you get 5 for $9.99 plus a nice piece of finished wood to mount them on from the Peoples Republic of China. I can use the wood for somewhere else in the house (like a bathroom towel rack) but we bought 2 of the sets and I actually attached the hooks last night. Now I have a place to hang a garbage bag!



What was Elizabeth's role in the Expeditionary Force? She was the chief ice cream sampler!
"Elizabeth, smile and say vanilla!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog title really made me laugh.

I love salvage. You can find amazing salvage here in Marrakesh. Incredible old doors and beautiful gates. My husband has made some really cool tables for our house.