Monday, October 01, 2007

Look at the Size of THIS!

My chimney is all nicely insulated with vermiculite and capped off with my floating cement cap and this stainless steel chimney cap. Nice, eh?



Now look a little closer..... what's that on the corner?



That is the biggest preying mantis that I have seen in years!

The city inspector will be out today to poke his head up my chimneys that have been lined to let me know if they are usable. He will be the same guy who approved my plumbing rough in 4 years ago. The place has changed a lot in 4 years!

Stay tuned, lots of exciting things to report this week, including how I am attemting to make a concrete sink for the downstairs powder room.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes! Is that really a real bug? That's very scary but just in time for Halloween!

Good luck on your inspection!

Josh said...

Yikes! I think I'd have fallen off the roof if I found that critter waiting for me.

Hope the inspection goes smoothly.

Kelli said...

Wow! That one is much bigger than the one I found in my fireplace last night! You can see my mantis here:
http://ournewoldhouse.wordpress.com/2007/10/11/stand-by-your-mantis/