Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Color Purple

In the old days plaster was in fact plaster and it came in any color as long as it was white. As any regular reader of this site knows there is lime plaster and there is gypsum plaster. Walls in old houses are comprised of lime plaster while patching plaster and plaster of Paris is the much faster drying gypsum variety. Well, now we have something new and it isn't plaster at all. It is more like fiberglass. It sets in minutes and comes in a variety of colors. Elizabeth's choice was purple. Wanna see?

4 comments:

Christy ~ Central Air said...

Glad to see that your beautiful little girl is smiling in the photo. What a trooper!

Anonymous said...

Often I have come to your blog to read things that my husband and I can relate to (we're making our 100 yr old house livable as we live in it). Never did I think I would find this similarity. Just before Thanksgiving, my right ankle discovered that fiberglass came in lime green. I'm now in a walking boot, and hopefully next week I will be free of that. You all have my sympathies.

Thanks for your blog. It's encouraging and fun.

Skymosher said...

Poor Kid! Poor Mom and Dad!

I hope she heals quickly, despite how absolutely adorable she looks in that picture. :)

RubyRed said...

Thats pretty cool (not that she broke her bone!) that they can come in different colors.. I wonder if you could get a rainbow cast! that'd be pretty