Monday, January 07, 2008

Farewell to the Beast


Well I finally did it. I got rid of the "Beast." This was probably the most cost effective vehicle I have owned. I got it six years ago for a bout $300 and I can't remember if that was cash or trade. I put about $200 into parts and maintenance over six years and a mere 9250 miles on it driving back and forth to Lowes or Home Depot. It made a trip to Youngstown once and Indianapolis too. I don't drive it much. In 2006 I drove it a handful of times. I haven't driven it since September 2006 and it has been sitting idle since then, sucking up $400 a year in insurance and tags cost. For the money and the amount of times I drive it we could rent a U-Haul truck several times a year and still be ahead. I haven't been able to get it to start lately. I think the fuel line is clogged up and I'm not willing to spend time messing with it so I called the number in an ad I saw in a local paper and a guy paid me $125 to take it away! What a deal!

No comments: