.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

This Old Crack House

From log house to farmhouse. Farmhouse to townhouse. Townhouse to apartment house. Apartment house to crack house. Crack house to our house. Our house to our home.

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source

Monday, January 07, 2008

Farewell to the Beast


Well I finally did it. I got rid of the "Beast." This was probably the most cost effective vehicle I have owned. I got it six years ago for a bout $300 and I can't remember if that was cash or trade. I put about $200 into parts and maintenance over six years and a mere 9250 miles on it driving back and forth to Lowes or Home Depot. It made a trip to Youngstown once and Indianapolis too. I don't drive it much. In 2006 I drove it a handful of times. I haven't driven it since September 2006 and it has been sitting idle since then, sucking up $400 a year in insurance and tags cost. For the money and the amount of times I drive it we could rent a U-Haul truck several times a year and still be ahead. I haven't been able to get it to start lately. I think the fuel line is clogged up and I'm not willing to spend time messing with it so I called the number in an ad I saw in a local paper and a guy paid me $125 to take it away! What a deal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home