Monday, June 06, 2005

Things are not what they seem....

It would appear that I have been duped! For the last month I thought, I really thought that my pigeons had gone. They haven't! Now there are two more!

I noticed that there was some old style glass fiber insulation on the floor of the balcony, the kind that is in the attic of the "cottage" side of the house. So I stuck my head up into the attic and there I saw two young pigeons with undeveloped tail feathers. They obviously can't fly yet because they would have taken off. Mama or Papa was nearby watching me.

Damn birds didn't leave at all. They just relocated to the inside of my attic. I think it is time to put a ceiling up on the balcony!

I must admit, these birds have been pretty good about limiting the amount of guano deposits on the balcony, which is why they have remained undetected these past weeks.

If only some of my neighbors were as clean as these birds.......

2 comments:

K said...

They're baaaaaack! Sorry ... just got a mental image of that little blonde-haired girl from Poltergeist.

Jocelyn said...

There's a house down the street from us that we call "The Pigeon House" for obvious reasons. Maybe I'll do a post about it for the heck of it. It might make you feel better if you saw it.