Friday, June 24, 2005

What were they thinking? Part 1

I took Elizabeth out for a walk today around the neighborhood. I took the camera with me because I wanted to capture the strange and unusual for all of you to view.

Some people do really strange things. Look at this window.The wall was built up to support it I'm sure and the hole allows light into the basement window.



This other one, well, your guess is as good as mine. These houses sit next to each other so the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?



Now look at this sign. Click on the picture to enlarge it.



Some Hill Billy kant spel..... that's what happens I guess when you have a festival by Pennsyltuckians for Pennsyltuckians. At least with all the attendees there will be a full set of teeth! I wonder if the contractor who mooned me will be there?

Then there is this. Click on the picture to enlarge it.



This is one of our fine neighborhood funeral homes. In fact it was originally built by the same guy who built our house. Supposedly as a wedding gift for his daughter, Marianna. I don't think they realized the implications this could have. Would you want that awning over your front door?

5 comments:

Greg said...

At my last house I had the sidewalk cut and a ramp put in for a driveway. Some kid scratched “INDEAN PRIDE” in the wet cement. I was pissed because he ruined the cement, but I was more pissed because of the disservice he did for Native Americans.

Ms. P in Jackson said...

First off, the awning looks awful, second, to put S&M on it in the biggest lettering you can find is the icing on the cake. Wouldn't want to take my dearly departed here.

Jocelyn said...

That photo NEEDS to be sent in to Jay Leno or David Letterman. The world is being deprived of the irony.

Scott in Washington said...

Nothing eases the pain of your loss like S&M....

I used to work at a place called FASOGRUDETPAC NSGA. I think the NSGA really clears it all up, don't you?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words everyone! The awning was redone due to someone running into it at a funeral last year, hit & run actually. Due to that incident and several other close ones we changed the awning so it does not go over the drive. Presently we are having the awning company rework the lettering due to a few poeple opinions of it. We actually didn't know the awning companty was going to put anything on there untill it was to late. Any questions email me at viggen900spg@yahoo.com -Gary Moore