Friday, October 24, 2008

If You Love This Blog You Need To Do This .....

You need to go over to Dogs and Jen and post a big thank you in her comments because she IS the savior of these sites! I don't know what kind of other magic she is into but she sure knows how to handle a guys files! I understand the whole process took minutes to complete whereas I would have spent countless hours trying to achieve the same result.

For those who don't know, America Online is dumping "Hometown" which is its FTP space provider. I had to move 7 years worth of web page entries and photgraphs. All the pages that make up "The entire Crack House Story" and my website were scheduled to be terminated on October 31st even though I have paid AOL thousands of $$$ over the last 13 years. So you may find a few dead links or a couple of pictures missing from this blog in November. I have to go through all my entries, and there are over 470, to find and edit the links to the old host. The new hosting service is managed by a gentleman who lives two blocks away who is doing it for all the free publicity that I can give him! Just as soon as I get a banner ad or a button from him, I will add it to this blog but here is the link anyway.

So, what good will come of this? Well, I can dump my dial up service now since I"m losing the web hosting capability with AOL and get high speed internet! Whoo hoo!!! Travelling at the speed of light, Baby!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy I could help - reading your site always helps me stop feeling overwhelmed with my own renovations :)

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that you got your blog migrated. Do you know about the W3C's Link Checker

Anonymous said...

VERY NICE BLOG

ITS VERY USEFUL

THANK YOU..........

Sandy said...

I have gone over to Dogs and Jen and thanked her heartily for saving your site! I love this spot!!! (High speed interet is AWESOME!)

Anonymous said...

Glad you got things straightened out! Her blog is certainly a great read and obviously she's a big help! Your site has been on my list of regular reads for quite some time. Any interest in exchanging links?

Gary said...

Todd,
I've put a link in my extensive list of links. Don't know if you want people to find you if they are looking here for "Farmhouse Sex" or "Raccoon poop" though!

Jen said...

That Jen....she is so smart....glad she was able to help.

Andy Rowe said...

I'm headed over to give thanks for this blog being moved.

I'm proud to have never given a dime to AOL. It should've long ago been quite obvious to you that they chew.

Andy Rowe said...

Also forgot to point out that the color of your links matches your site's background, rendering them invisible.

StuccoHouse said...

Wow, I thought I was alone in that AOL nightmare. When I started my blog, I used AOL Journal and after 6 months, moved over to Blogger. I left the old posts on AOL and linked back. Before my blog, I had an AOL house website (which I I didn't have the energy to transfer, so it disappeared).

Last week I ended up transferring the posts to a "new" Blogger account (I couldn't figure out how to get them into my existing Blog). It is totally going to suck re-uploading all of the photos and correcting all of the internal links. I think I'm going to try to do a month at a time. I feel your pain. It did feel better when I cancelled my paying AOL account though :-)