Saturday, October 04, 2008

More Bugger-it Cursings!

Not only do I have to go and fight with the real estate tax appraisal people next week, try to sell a house this weekend AND wrestle with the three cats to get them transferred to the "Crack House" so they don't get out during our open house. I have just been notified by AOL that they are no longer supporting their FTP space. The layout of this site will be much affected if I don't do something. I have 7 years worth of web pages stored there! I now have to move them and worse than that, I have to go through every single one and change all the links! So, if you have never read the link on the right that says "The Entire Crack House Story" you might want to go ahead and read all that stuff now because after October 31st it will all be GONE! At least until I find another free hosting site. Anyone have some suggestions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're just changing from one URL to another in the same way on every page, I can help you! Just download everything, send it to me, and I can write a little program in perl that will go through and change all the pages. It would take me maybe 10 minutes at most and I'd be happy to do it. Just email me at jen@ (the domain in my blogURL).

I've used geocities before and been generally happy with them as a free service, though I've never pushed too hard on it.

Sandy said...

Oh Gary! I am hoping that Jen can save the day. This is a WAY COOL site!

Just A Girl And Her Craftsman Bungalow said...

I'm relatively content with my host apollohosting.com as they have a pretty good customer service when things go wrong. I'm not currently using it for my blog (although I have my other sites on it) but I plan on it soon. Its not too expensive. Please do something as I don't want to see your site go away it is fantastic!

Amanda Moran said...

Gary, I was wanting to check in and see if you have posted any info about the "other" house. How did your open house go?

Anonymous said...

You may want to checkout Crosswinds as a host. I have been using them now for many years and am very happy. They offer a very nice free package... http://www.crosswinds.net/free_web_hosting.php