.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

This Old Crack House

From log house to farmhouse. Farmhouse to townhouse. Townhouse to apartment house. Apartment house to crack house. Crack house to our house. Our house to our home.

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Here Is The Mantle Top Now.

I haven't had much opportunity to work on the house this week but I have managed to get some shellac on my mantle top. Now all I have to do is mount it to the base by putting nails in those pre-existing divits, filling the divits with colored putty and then dabbing some shellac over the spots. Oh, and the final rub with furniture wax and superfine steel wool. I guess I should go buy some stove black spray paint to paint the metal fire place frame before I mount this back on the wall. I wouldn't want to spray my newly finished mantle now, would I?

Here are the pictures.




















You can see that I did a fairly decent job of covering up that large burn mark. We could always put a doily over it!

4 Comments:

At 7/28/2005 5:31 PM, Blogger Greg said...

I don't even think you need a doily. No one will even noticee that. It looks great.

 
At 7/28/2005 5:35 PM, Anonymous Trissa said...

Looks great- I wouldn't see the mark unless you told me to look at it!

 
At 7/28/2005 5:44 PM, Blogger derek said...

I think the mark adds character. It tells a story, and you did an awesome job of making it less obvious

 
At 7/29/2005 7:38 PM, Blogger Beth said...

That looks awesome, Gary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home