I was supposed to try to fix my van this past weekend. I was also supposed to grout the shower pan and marble tile wall AND cut up that tree limb that fell in the back yard. What did I really do? I put shellac on three doors. One brand spanking new one and two that I had previously stained and urethaned. It is kind of therapeutic. Remember this door from my post in early June?
Well, here it is now.
Subtle difference eh? I just put three coats of shellac over the polyurethane and "voila!" Instant patina. Here is the new door for the 2nd floor passage between the main house and the "cottage".
I don't have to look at those untouched rooms any more. So after my shellac therapy on Saturday and Sunday morning I proceeded to cut the limb until the chainsaw acted up. I started to remove the steering wheel on the van but would have to go and buy a puller in order to get the thing off AND at 9:00 PM Sunday evening I started to grout the shower until I ran out of grout. By the time I got done with the clean up and left it was 5:37 AM! I guess this week I will be doing much the same, except I don't have any doors to shellac, though I do have 6 to strip paint off! I'll save those for when we are actually living here!
When I finish grouting the bathroom, I will post pictures. The tile looks much better with grout!