Friday, July 08, 2005

Never a dull moment

There are always things happening around here that just suck up my time. You already know about my plumbing extravaganza. Well, last weekend a huge limb fell off of one of our trees in the back yard. This wasn't a small branch. I was about a full third of the tree (which is slated to come down anyway). It pulled the main electric line down to about 5 feet from the ground. I was amazed that it didn't pull it off our house. I cut the line free but this weekend I am going to have to cut up the rest of the limb. Time to sharpen the chain saw blade.

Then, yesterday I was trying to reverse my piece-o-crap 1975 Ford van and the gears shifted in the steering column locking it in reverse. So now I get to see if I can fix that. Fortunately it is still on our lot although a little skewed parking wise. I don't care if I fix the van or not. I bought it 4 years ago for $300 and have only $87 in repairs tied up in it. I think I got my moneys worth considering all the drywall, wood and cement that it has hauled in the last few years. I'm surprised it has lasted this long!

I guess I should look on the bright side, I could be stripping paint off of woodwork!

2 comments:

Greg said...

Bummer of a week. They say bad luck comes in 3s. For your sake I hope that is only an expression. Still, I would stay off ladders for a while, and watch for more falling objects.

Anonymous said...

Hey Gary, thanks for your great advice today! PERFECT answer!!! Thank you! I've got somebody else scaring the pants off me about "bent frame construction" and "hiring a professional who knows about 1800's construction". Yikes! Thanks for helping me to relax a little more!

:) Maria