Sunday, March 25, 2007

Guess What?

I did something today that I haven't done in 10 weeks. Since the inside temperature was up to 54 degrees I actually worked on the house! I just started right where I left off before the temperatures dropped below freezing inside the building. That's right. I assumed the position of being on my knees on the floor, bent over a heat gun with a paint scraper in my hand while sluggishly plodding away at the timeless task of stripping paint and goo off a floor. I had truely forgotten just how much I missed it! Some things I'm afraid, are best forgotten.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This weather is awesome!!!!!! My gas/electric bill may actually go below $350 next month!!!!!

Ranty said...

Ugh, I spent a few hours scraping my porch floor today, so I feel your pain.

But hey, floors are better than ceilings, right??? (For scraping, that is.)

Jocelyn said...

You said it Gary- the timeless task. That's what I love about working on the house. Whiling away a Saturday working on a project is a good feeling.

Now you've got me waxing nostalgic too.