Tuesday, March 27, 2007

New House Accessories

This weeks auction netted us a few things. Besides an Eastlake wood top parlor table for $45 and two oak school type chairs for $15 we got these Griswold cast iron mail boxes for $40.



When I get bored I can whack these with a wire brush and spray paint them black so they can look as good as new. I haven't figured out what to do with the second one yet. Maybe I'll save it until Elizabeth is a teenager. I can attach it to her bedroom door to put her mail in after I ground her for a year when she has a hissy fit at Meijers and gets the police called on me.... wait, she has already done that!

2 comments:

kendra said...

I'm glad the auction went well! If I ever get some spending money I really want to go to one.

Jan Marie said...

This is off topic because I wasn't able to email you directly, something about an email default setting.

Under things you are looking for you mentioned very tall doors. Try contacting Grand Illusion Gallery in Grass Lake Mi. He has 3 or 4, 2 story buildings full of doors, windows, trim, you name it. http://www.grandillusiongallery.com I know when I was there he had some very tall doors in stock. Make sure you call ahead because his hours vary. Grass Lake is off of I 94 just east of US 127. Probably same distance as Ikea in Canton MI!!!

Love your site. After reading your previous posts....I'm thinking shellac is in my future. You really should be a shellac salesman!!!

Good luck...Jan