Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My Life as Barbie and Lawn Thatching

Once in a while I actually get to sit down and watch This Old House Hour on PBS. Several months ago I saw an episode of Ask This Old House that involved lawn care. Roger pulled out a tool that is used for "thatching" a lawn. When I saw the tool I said "Hey, I've got one of those! It's been hanging in the garage for years!"

This week, between dealing with day to day life and playing "Barbies" with Elizabeth (which is kind of fun because my character looks like Barbie but sounds like Ken...) I have spent a few moments thatching the lawn and getting blisters. Fortunately the lawn at the resident home is smallish due to flower beds that look like crap as you can see;




"Oh, and here is the kewl tool. It kinda sorta looks like a rake, only different" (he says, looking like Barbie but sounding like Ken);



Maybe I should start "Ask This Old Crack House?" On second thought, maybe I shouldn't.

Anyway, did you know there is a new "Divorced Barbie" set? Yeah, it comes with all Kens stuff!

5 comments:

Mitch said...

I think the "Playing with the Barbie's" is the harder work!

Anonymous said...

That's just the beginning Gary. Wait until she gets her first Bratz doll....

Ranty said...

Hey, I have one of those tools in my basement too!

Now how the heck do you use it??? Like a rake across your grass???

Gary said...

Yeah, you pull it through the grass and it pulls up all the dead stuff. Works pretty good. Gotta love that old timey ingenuity!

Ranty said...

Sweet, thanks!!!!

(Oh wait, I don't have any grass, only mud. Ah well, someday...)