Sunday, October 23, 2022
Back in September 2008, I made my first set of bulk head doors but they only lasted a few years. It seems that wood doors in this location are subject to wet and dry rot fungus. I made a second set and treated the wood with linseed oil. The fungus gets into the tongue and groove and takes hold. This second set of doors would not have survived the winter so I broke down and spent money on this.
Tuesday, October 04, 2022
For many years our upper porch deck has looked awful. There was a roof leak and gutter issues that caused sections of the floor to rot out. There were also no railings around the upper porch. Well, it has been rebuilt by yours truely and I have made screens to keep the mosquitos at bay. Here is what it looks like now.