Saturday, March 22, 2008

Going Once, Going Twice ....

This was a picture of the third floor bathroom on Friday.



The framing has already been dismantled, the sink has been removed and the tub is full of broken drywall. Work has been halted for a quick archaeological evaluation and removal of relics. The relics in this situation being the 1950s era green marbleized plastic wall tile behind the toilet and some black plastic border tiles. I don't know how many green tiles there are there but it is more than 100 and there are some half tiles and additional ones from around the sink.





They are being thrown into a box and I will ship them to the FIRST person who informs me that they need them to recreate a similar ambiance in their own bathroom. I would like only to be reimbursed for the postage which I am guessing will be around $6.00. What a deal! If no one wishes to be the recipient of this wondrous archaeological stockpile then they will end up in that other wondrous stockpile of archaeological relics known as the city dump!

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Big Mess-eh! It will look better though in the end, as it always does. A comment in regards to the tile, maybe you can see if you have a RESTORE in your town. It's run by Habitat for Humanity and they take house-stuff (like the tile) and in turn will use it in a home or else use the profits of it's sale to help furnish a home.
Just a thought. Although it's ugly, I'd rather see somebody put it to good use, then end up in a landfill.

Sandy said...

I put a link to your site on my blog. Hope you don't mind. I've been reading your for quite awhile and really enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Hope you find a taker. Habitat ReStore is a good option if you can do that. You might also try Craigslisting for free... I've had some sucess there. Unfortunately, Craiglist being local, and these tiles being ugly, its unlikely someone in your immediate area will need them. But, its worth a shot.

Leslie said...

Freecycle them bad boys -- my folks found a loving home for some very similar tile from my Granny's house a couple of years ago via freecycle.

Or put them on ebay and be sure to use the words "original", "authentic", and "retro"; you'll be surprised at what kind of interest there might be!

(Though not likely as much interest as there would be if I were to list my Amish sex toy for sale...)