Sunday, November 27, 2005

Disaster Thwarted!

The temperature dropped below freezing on Friday. I stopped by the house to check the condition of the third floor plumbing and found it had frozen. I made the decision to shut off the water. Good job I did! Everything was unfrozen today. When I turned on the faucet I heard the "Glug, glug, splash" of water leaking out of the line. Upon further investigation I found the copper pipe had popped at one of the joints. Now the line is drained so once again I have no water. Time to cut and cap the lines to the third floor. Now I have a toilet and sink on the second floor I don't need water on the third floor but I do need a utility sink in the basement. Where's that extra 10% off coupon from Home Depot? Damn it! It expired today....

Plumbing, STILL the bane of my existence!

2 comments:

HomeImprovementNinja said...

I'm having plumbing "issues" too. I guess it's not something you should learn by trial and error. I started a blog last week and I'll probably re-cap some of my many flooding experiences. This weekend I had what I hope will be the last flood. It seems all my soldered pipes are holding with no leaks (knock wood). My blog is homeimprovementninja.blogspot.com.

Jocelyn said...

you and that plumbing stuff Gary- oh boy.