Saturday, June 09, 2007

Progress Report

I am almost ready to sand the last two floors. I hope that by Sunday they will be done and I can finish working on my plumbing leaks so we can get the water turned back on so that we can give this place a thorough cleaning because it is very dusty!
I put this door back in and the molding back on. It makes a big difference.




When we bought the place this door was hanging out in the basement and I stripped and refinished it last year. Here is a picture of that Eastlake latch lock that I found for $4.00 last year and mentioned in this blog way back when. I gave it a coat of aniline tinted shellac which is why it is dark and shiny. It fit the existing screw holes in the door perfectly.



As you can see, I still have the worlds heaviest bathtub sitting in the middle of the floor.



I have tied a rope around it and have oiled up these pulleys to see if I will be able to lower to the first floor.



The plan is to attach them to the exposed beam in my "Gary sized hole" in the ceiling that I made last week. I bought these pulleys for a $1.00 at the end of some auction about 10 years ago and they have been sitting on a shelf in my garage. Their time has finally come! If this works it will be the most fun I will have had for $1.00 in a long time! If it doesn't work, well it will be the most fun I have had for a $1.00 in a long time!





I got the landing shellacked and urethaned as well as those upper three steps replaced. You see those lower steps? Those were done back when all I knew about was stain and polyurethane. I used to think they looked good. I shall have to see how the floor turns out in this room after sanding. Maybe I won't paint it after all. I'm thinking shellac again....... must be an addiction.

No comments: