Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Bah Plumb-bug!

Well, we got our bi-annual drain back up on Monday night so there was NO flushing and NO showers until I could clear the drain. I tried the usual "shove the garden hose as far as it will go and set the nozzle on blast" trick but this didn't help the situation. Time for the "mega snake" from the Home Depot rental department. I hate snaking drains, actually, snaking the drain is the fun part. I hate getting that huge hunk of metal on wheels into my basement and in and out of the car more than anything! Besides the fact that I get sprayed with sewer water on the rewind it isn't too messy. So Tuesday evening we were back to normal and my reflex to flush immediately could once more be satisfied. Being the glutten for punishment that I am, and never wanting to miss out on a real deal and an opportunity, this morning I snaked out the drain at the "Crackhouse" as well. Yay, a real Two-fer. (That's two for the price of one for those who lack retail savvy).
In the meantime I was able to do some more slurry work on my counter so that I can be back to the old grind on Saturday! I can say this, I think I have a winner!

2 comments:

Brandy Brow said...

Reminds me of a few years back in our old house we renovated. Our pipes froze twice in one week leaving our family of seven without water. We had to have the town thaw them because the lines were frozen halfway down the road. Apparently the pipes only ran four-feet down, well within the permafrost zone. We couldn't replace them, either, for even if we dug them up they were cemented into the rock foundation of the house.

That was when we wished the town owned our little road instead of us. Ah well, we don't live there anymore.

Brandy of The Building Brows blog

Jocelyn said...

plumbing. It's a glamorous job I hear. (not)