Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Who'd a thunk it.....

You would think that with all these posts lately that I haven't done diddly-squat on the house. You would be WRONG! I have actually been striping paint from two window sashes and a door. I've tried, but there is no real way that I can make stripping paint from wood an interesting story. If you have never stripped paint before, try it! Then you will know what I mean...
Here is something that is a little more interesting. Remember this from a post I made back in December?



What is it did you ask? It is a genuine piece of American ingenuity and craftsmanship! A bonifide piece of Amercana. Folk painted of course. It is a sausage stuffer.

I did some research and found this. Just to prove that I know what I am talking about!



It wasn't even invented by a German! I saw one just like it in "The Brass Armadillo" for $60.00. I saw one on ebay sell for $13.99. Our delightful object d'art was $5.00 at an auction. Do you want to know the one thing that would make our sausage stuffer worth more? What could possibly make it worth at least twice what we paid for it? What could make it look like the other two?



Paint stripper!

No comments: