Saturday, October 06, 2007

I've Been Keeping a Secret

That's right folks. I haven't been up front and honest with all the "Crack House" news for the last couple of months. I've been holding back on you. Remember how I applied for my permits to line my chimneys back in July? Well in August we took a drive to Cincinnati to visit "The Fireplace" where we bought one of these and one of these. Which is why we couldn't afford a trip to Brimfield in September in case anybody remembers our plans to go.

I haven't mentioned them because we had to get our chimneys inspected before they could be installed and they have been sitting in the center of the floor for months making it difficult to maneuver through certain rooms.


My chimneys are fine, though we still have three more to line, and so these babies can be installed. I got the big one in today by myself, even though it weighs close to 400 lbs. All I have to do is run an electric line to a splice box in the basement that feeds the new socket that I had to install to run this thing and fill it with corn or wood pellets (or wheat or sunflower seeds) and fire her up! You know what we're going to have this year that we didn't have last year? HEAT! And we control the bill!


Here is the money shot;




The smaller one will be installed in the bathroom. You know, the one with all the marble tile that freezes every year. I have to figure a way to rig up a socket and run some thermostat wire because there is no way I am tearing up that tiled floor!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to the site and looked at the brochure. These two will heat the whole house on top of the other two fireplaces? That is great. You'll save a fortune in heating costs. BTW, the one you installed looks great.

Anonymous said...

Sunflowers seeds? Hmmm. How about popcorn?

John said...

Nice insert. Really, that is the best looking pellet stove I've seen. I hope these stoves save you from plumbing hell this winter.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all of the home restoration tips you provide on your site. I refer my real estate clients to your site rather frequently.

I decided to link to you from one of my posts at http://www.realestatetwincities.net/minneapolis-home-improvement/

I hope that is ok.

Good luck with everything.