Wednesday, November 28, 2007

An Idea to Pass Along.

When we went on that home tour in Southpark a while back I took a couple more photos that I didn't show you. No they aren't pictures that will make you say "wow" or "That is really special". They aren't pictures of designer rooms or exotic appliances, room colors or light fixtures. They were pictures of baseboard molding. Here they are





Of course now you may be saying "Why didn't I think of that?" or "That is so simple it is brilliant!" I may do this in our dining room. Sure makes doing corners a lot easier!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea I will remember when needed. Thank you for posting this.

Kelli said...

Oh wow!!! Yeah I'm totally smacking my forehead saying, "DUH!" Good thing I haven't started installing baseboards yet! You're a lifesaver! I always find such good things at your blog.
-Kelli

Muskego Jeff said...

There are corner blocks like this available for crown molding, too. Some people look at them like a crutch for people who can't really cope crown molding to fit properly, but I like the detail. A lot of older houses use them for the base molding like this and I think they add a lot of character (when they're not covered with 30 layers of paint...).

Christopher Busta-Peck said...

I like! Of course, for the outside corners, I'd want to do some sort of little trompe l'oile thing so that the diagonals are completed on the wall...