Friday, April 11, 2008

The Final Solution!

Well it seems that no-one is interested in my ugly green plastic tiles that I so carefully removed from behind our third floor toilet and placed in a box. The guy at the local library who reads this blog even feels bad because he can't think of anything that they could utilize them for in the way of crafts for kids. Besides, I wouldn't want kids touching these things without them being sterilized first. (The tiles, not the kids!) I would be ashamed to take them to a re-use shop since they will probably throw them away anyway, not that I am against them going into a land fill mind you. So I've thought about it for a while and have come up with the "Final Solution." No. I'm not going to burn them or bury them in the back yard. I won't decoupage them on any furniture or use them as cheap crappy drink coasters. I think the best thing I can do with them is seal up the box, place it under the floorboards with a note and a picture so that someone can find them in 50 years or more and say "WHAT THE PHUCK!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. It's a remodeling easter egg. We leave those for the future owners on every project we do. You should leave them a note in poem form:

Here some tiles sit
They just looked like s***
We tried for a while
But they just aren't in style
Hopefully you'll find a fit.

ok, that was pretty bad... but you get the idea ;-) Maybe a later commenter will be more creative.

Sandy said...

That was pretty good, Fred!

It's too bad no one wants them.

Anonymous said...

http://retrorenovation.com/2008/04/13/it%e2%80%99s-spring%e2%80%a6-and-project-fever/

Jennifer said...

Love it! Maybe they will be WAY into plastic tiles, curse you for ever taking them off, and delight when they finally find them.

THE BRICK HOUSE said...

oh god i have those exact same tiles in my back bathroom (and theres are actually a bunch of missing ones). Someone painted over half of them with white latex paint - so as you can imagine, they look REALLY awesome.

when we remodel, i am tearing them all down and will leave them in the attic to be lovingly restored. :)