Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Basement Money Shots!

So far the plaster hasn't cracked much, but it is still drying. I'm sure it will crack, especially if it is anything like my plumbing! Anyway, here is the basement in disarray. You can see my piles of organized chaos everywhere.








Here are the walls that I have been putzing over. The long section of repaired plaster.



The corner that has been repaired and whitewashed.



When the lower section drys out it should be as white as the top section. One day I will repair all the basement walls and whitewash them. It will look like some medieval dungeon or an old wine cellar down there when done. Should be great for Halloween parties for Elizabeth. I'm looking forward to it already!

5 comments:

John said...

I like the plastered look for the basement. I think using it for Halloween is a great idea.

And, they are real handy if you feel the need to brick someone up. I'm sure that once your daughter turns thirty and is old enough to date, you'll find yourself down there a lot.

All you need now is some Amontillado.

Anonymous said...

"Nemo me impune lacessit."

Gary said...

Wow! Educated people read my Blog!
John tells me I need a sherry and Angus quotes the motto of Scotland!

I don't know what either have to do with plastering my basement walls but heres an "Aw shucks guys" from humble little me!

John said...

Well, I guess it is a bit of a tangent, but read (reread?) your Poe and it might clarify things a bit. He was a big fan basements and sherry if nothing else.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

And that was also the motto of Poe's Montresor who liked to get people (ahem) 'plastered' at his house.

(It all comes together ...)