Saturday, October 21, 2006

Trying Something New

I'm adding a search feature to this site in an effort to assist with the "Great Shellac Narrative" that will be posted soon. At this very moment, it doesn't seem to be working properly but if you click the word HELP and enter your search word(s) it will do its magic for you. I may have to set up its own page to get it to work properly but it is almost 2 AM and I turned into a pumpkin 2 hours ago! I hope I get it to work because it will save me alot of aggravation. I've also corrected my links to Fixer Upper and Old Man and the Street in the side bar and added a new Dayton site for all you folks wanting to visit our great town!

I checked my plaster today and it hasn't cracked. The trick was using the polypropelene fibers in the mix! The fibers are left over from my concrete countertop extravaganza and were bought at a concrete supplier here in Dayton. So you don't HAVE to use animal hair people! I whitewashed that long wall too while I was at it and now all I have to do is install the 100 plus hamster wheels and purchase the hamsters and we can have heat this winter!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the plaster project! I loved our old plaster walls and we debated about tearing them out, but the need for insulation, safe wiring, and a sturdier structure won out. We're happy with the smooth drywall we put it, but it still isn't quite the same. It's a dying art & I hear you can find guys that work with plaster easier on the east coast than the west. Nice updates to the site btw!

Anonymous said...

if the hamsters work, let me know! I'm all for saving on oil this winter....

Allison said...

Hmm... animal hair... I have a fuzzy dog who produces copious amounts of fur. Would that work as a plaster filler?