Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Old Textured Paint

Ages ago when I pulled up the roll type linoleum flooring in one of the cottage side bedrooms I uncovered a strip of tin that was used to level a floor board that had been cut at some time way back when gas lights were installed during the last Ice Age.



I didn't think much about it and the tin sat on the floor, covered by an old sink and several contractor bags of rock wool for the last three years. I cleaned up the room a bit to make room for all the tools and the worlds heaviest bathtub (which will now be in the same room as a flight of stairs and a little closer to going down them.) I have also managed to rid myself of the fifteen bags of raccoon and pigeon poop encrusted rock wool leaving me the original 9 from the kitchen that I still have to sneek into the garbage at the rate of 3 bags a week.
Well, I found the tin once again and read the instructions on how to apply the paint. I noticed that the color was called "FLAME". Interesting name for a color I thought. I wonder what color it could be? Then I turned the can over



I know exactly what room it was used in and could probably guess what year it was applied based on the pieces of old newspapers that were shoved in all the gaps between the wall and the molding to keep out draughts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is apropos of absolutely nothing. But your house picture looks AMAZING. What a beautiful place to live in.