Friday, December 08, 2006

I'm Sellin' Out!

It's true. I've finally decided to sell out and capitalize on this blog.

I have toyed with the idea for several years and even got the solicitations from some suppliers to advertise on this blog but have held all contenders at bay.

My reasonining was simple. Most people reading my blog would be reading other house blogs where they chose to advertise. This seemed to be the case about one year ago. We would all be advertising the same things to each other and nobody would be generating the click-throughs needed to generate income. I wasn't comfortable promoting a company that I hadn't done business with either. I felt it wasn't a worthwhile venture. Lately though I have noticed a surge in hits from Google searches. It seems that people aren't just wanting to know what "crack smells like" or what "raccoon poop looks like" any more. They have legitimate searches regarding plaster, shellac, wood stripping and concrete counter tops.

Yesterday it was cold outside and I wasn't able to work on the "Crackhouse" so I got bored and started thinking. I am dangerous when I start thinking, real dangerous! Within a couple of hours I came up with a bunch of amusing sayings that could be marketed to the growing home improvement market. As far as I know these are all original because I actually thought them all up! So I have sold out in the name of capitalism, but the products are truely "This Old Crack House" related and original. Here are two of them. There is even PINK for the ladies!

If you click on either picture you can see my gallery of items and just in time for Christmas too!








You might want to check back a few times in the next week because I have more "Garyisms" to add. I seem to be on a roll!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the "Going Broke..." one... you should see them to bumper sticker companies. I'd buy the "woman" one too! :)

Jodi said...

Pluck Flumbing! OMG that is hilarious! And a shirt I sooooo need. I HATE going to the plumbing section in the HI store. It is the most mundane and boring part of HI. Also the most necessary. *sigh*

Can I also suggest "I am finishing what my wife started." I know my husband frequently comes home to find a wall missing or a subfloor suddenly exposed. LOL

Anonymous said...

Between the Crack House and Devil Queen my wardrobe is pretty much solved.