Friday, December 15, 2006

Let There Be Light!

Now here is a first! This room has never had a ceiling light, ever! Years ago, when I replaced the roof, I ran a length of BMX cable across the brick wall that divides these rooms on the 2nd floor since the attic above this room has no access to it and dropped it into a hole that I made in the center of the ceiling. I hooked up the wire but capped the ends so I wouldn't get shocked if I decided to hold a screwdriver above my head as I walked through this room. Since I am working in the room next door and it gets dark early, I need a light in this room in order that I can find the stairs without walking into the worlds heaviest bath tub which has migrated into this room now and is that much closer to going down the stairs. So I rigged this up;



No switch yet. This is one of those lights that you turn on with a twist of the bulb. Turning it off requires that you own a pair of heat resistant gloves!

So, this weeks quiz is "How many of you readers have one just like it in YOUR house?"

5 comments:

John said...

We have seven but with switches.

Anonymous said...

I have several in my closets where the pull chain has long ago been yanked out. Under each one I usually have an old detergent bucket I can stand on, or sometimes I climb the shelves like a monkey...

Anonymous said...

We've got a few like that, even down to the ground bent up out of the way just like yours :)

Jodi said...

Ummm, we have way more than one. Temporary fixtures that have become more permanent ones. :)

Anonymous said...

We have 7 currently, but they all have switches thank god. No burned fingertips ;) At about $3 apiece for those plastic rings, you can't beat the price.