Monday, October 17, 2005

The Bedroom Now.

The bedroom has been painted and the floors have been sanded. I just have some putty work to do on some divits in the floor and I have some channels to fill from the antiquated alarm system (which I will describe in a later post) before I apply clear shellac. This floor is unique in that one half of the room is a dark wood (the 1845 part) and the bay section addition is pine from 1887. I am not going to try to stain this floor since any attempt to color the wood would be obvious. The best solution is to make the floor look as natural as possible. Did you know that the cost for a gallon of shellac has gone up $10.00 in the last 12 months!

Here is a before photo from 2001 when we bought the house. Note the wood-look vinyl on the floor and if I recall, this room had no light fixtures or wiring for any.



And here is the room today! Do you notice any change?


That's right! The floor no longer smells like cat piss!

3 comments:

Ms. P in Jackson said...

It doesn't look like the same room even. Wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

Wow, fantastic work.

Lisa said...

yay for colour on the walls! looks beautiful!