Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Dining Room Now

The paint is on the walls and ceiling of the dining room. The sconce lights are on the wall and the chandelier is hung with some "make-do" 60 Watt bulbs that are way too bright! I have a gazillion little glass prisms to hang in 4 tiers on the chandelier but will wait until I have the right bulbs in place at the center because I would have to remove some of the things to replace the bulbs. I still have ceiling molding, picture rail, chair rail and baseboards to acquire and install. The ceiling and picture rail will now be sprayed metallic gold. The chair rail and baseboards will be done to look like walnut. Here are some pictures




The white area will be covered by wallpaper which arrived in the mail yesterday. Hopefully this will be on sometime in the next 10 days.


In the meantime, the living room ceiling is painted the same brick red and three of the walls have the first coat of "spanish Galleon" green. Like all good house blog renovators, I ran out of paint and have to go buy another gallon of the stuff! I get to take Elizabeth to her favorite store tomorrow, Home Depot! What do you think of that, Elizabeth? You're ready to leave now?


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the colors you've picked - they look great. And ooh-la-la, what a light fixture!

Elizabeth is ADORABLE. I bet she'll make a real good tool-fetcher someday soon ;)

Ms. P in Jackson said...

I wish I posessed your skills and that hanging lights and installing fixtures was so easy for me. (when I'm done with this house I'm sure it will be a snap). It looks great and I LOVE the wallpaper. Very very pretty.

Your daughter looks really excited about Home Depot too!

Derek said...

I think she likes home depot almost as much as the helmet. My kids just like the car-carts, if we don't have one, then the whole trip is a disaster.

Scott in Washington said...

Gary,

The color choices are are well chosen. Thank you for the hint on what to do with my ceiling in the kitchen. Your dining room looks very nice.

SD

PS; Your kid and my kid could have a cute-off contest

Anonymous said...

The amount of work you're willing to undertake is absolutely amazing. I just have to ask why???? It just seems there's so much work to be done on an old home why not buy a "nicer, newer" home that you don't have to do so much work to? I personally can't afford to move to a nicer, newer neighborhood so if/when I buy I'd have to do the work myself. Why choose to do it when you really don't have to?

Aunt Jo said...

Gorgeous room!

That Elizabeth is the cutest thing on two legs. Give her a squeeze for me.