Monday, October 03, 2005

The Last Four Years of My Life.

Every so often I look through the old pictures of this place to remind me of how it used to look. Then I think about what I could have done with my time if I didn't have this place to work on. The answer is always the same. If I didn't do this, I wouldn't have what I have. I could have done what many folks do and drank an excessive amount of beer and absorb a whole lot of television in the same time but after three episodes the "Gerry Springer Show" becomes a blur.

So, if you are ever feeling overwhelmed by your own renovation work, just think, someone, somewhere is worse off than you AND that someone could well be me....

Here is a reminder of where I was in October 4 years ago, three years ago and 2 years ago.

I've come a long way, Baby!

4 comments:

K said...

I enjoyed the recap! What a long way you've come. I agree - it is definitely worthwhile.

Jocelyn said...

super super job. I know what you mean too although you've a bigger home and done more work- our place was a dump when Steve started and it is definitely getting there.

I've been at it for 4 years and Steve has for 6- weekends mainly. One more year or two and we will be in darn good shape on the first floor and then there's the basement lurking below waiting to be converted for more space!

Ms. P in Jackson said...

Gary,
You have done a fantastic job on your home. I enjoy browsing your site but missed these entries. Did you just add these? I can't figure out how I missed them. Anway, you are a real inspriation and the place is looking great.

Gary said...

The "missed" entries are on my house web page which you can link to from the blog. The web page chronicles the progress from 2001 when we bought the place and I add a page every month. It also covers the history of the neighborhood which I add to every so often as I uncover stuff. It is quite scary seeing what we have been through. Especially that kitchen! I forget sometimes how bad it was.