Friday, July 07, 2006

My Neighbor is a Moron- The Epilogue

The house next door to my residence sold! Hooray!
Do you remember the "My Neighbor is a Moron" story? About the waterfall in the kitchen and ice skating in the basement? Well there is an ending! Last week some people were looking at the house. I stopped out and told them about the water so they would understand why it looked the way it did inside. Obviously they were not put off by the damage and bought the place. They have already sold it to a young guy who will be fixing it up to sell for a profit. My guess is that the people I met paid cash for the place, then turn around and finance it to some up-and-coming Charlton Sheetz wannabe. Either way, my house value just went up $5000 when I try to sell it to move into the "Crackhouse".
They let me in to take pictures of the water damage so I can show the world what happens to a house when the owner is a moron!







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe your neighbor isn't a moron, maybe he just likes sailing. Have you thought about that, matey?

Aunt Jo said...

Oh man! Look at the floor.

Some people don't deserve to live in cardboard boxes.

It's a pitty they let the water ruin the house like that.

K said...

What a sad sight. I'm glad someone will be fixing it up, though they don't have much left to work with.

Ms. P in Jackson said...

I have never seen a wood floor do that. Must have been some major water damage. Makes me feel better about the wreck of a house I'm in right now....

Jocelyn said...

I concur- this person is a complete idiot! I feel the same when I see condo conversions that toss dozens of solid oak doors in the dumpster- total idiots- and they will replace them with hollow core doors. I just saw some and so it's on my mind- if I had a pick up truck I'd take them to a salvage yard myself!

Anonymous said...

Wow...yay for new neighbor who potentially...um, gives a shit? In light of the most recent post I just had to say it. Heh.