Tuesday, August 01, 2006

It's Official! We Are Now Labelled as an Odd Place!

This is just your regular, ordinary houseblog or so I always thought. I will admit that we may have a little more work to do than most people and that even after 5 years I may have more enthusiasm than most. With all this going for us could we get a mention in the Washington Post? No. Could we get a mention in the Chicago Tribune? No. Possibly the New York Times? Hell, no! We did get a mention in the Dayton Daily News once but only after volunteer work on another building.
However, if you are around long enough someone will crawl through the crevasses of the World Wide Web and seek you out! That is what happened. We are now labelled by www.kooksites.com as an odd place! I don't know if I should be boasting or complaining. I guess I could boast until the tabloid reporters show up to do a story about the alien abductions that are occurring on my roof!
For those of you visiting here from the kooksites link, welcome! If you think I have an "Odd" place then you need to go see John at The Devil Queen!

5 comments:

StuccoHouse said...

Of course, now you will have to start wallpapering your house in tin foil and stop using microwaves.

Greg said...

I've been emailing them for months trying to get them to check you out. I keep telling them what an odd kook you are. I'm glad they finally listened.

:-)

I think it's just a matter of time before I end up on that list.

Jocelyn said...

I mentioned your blog to the Chicago Tribune writer. She said she was doing features for various markets besides Chicago on houseblogs. I had mentioned how you sent someone some bathtub feet and shellac as an example of help happening on the blogs. Maybe you will get your 15 minutes- just wait and see :)

Jocelyn said...

hmmm... I wonder how he found you. Maybe it was one of those odd searches you posted about a while back...

Anonymous said...

That's classic. And I now have another site to waste hours of my life at. Did you see that your site is now cosmicly intertwined with great finds like Penis mushrooms? http://www.kooksites.com/comments.php?id=2862_0_1_0_C