Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Keep the Insults Coming Folks!

I love it when people decide to insult me anonymously because I get to insult them back! I received three comments on this site today, which after careful consideration I have decided to leave rather than delete. The three comments came from the same A. Nonymous who resides near Groveland Mass. and they were posted between 5:04 PM and 5:10 PM one after the other. They were linked through my profile so this miserable excuse of a person must have linked through a comment that I made on another blog. Someone must have pissed in his Wheaties this morning and I'm sure he has probably tried to crap all over someone else's houseblog as well. His various comments are as follows;

i own a flooring company and that paint can be sanded easily with the proper belts. you're wasting your time. it wouldn't take more than 2 hours to get that sanded. your a meathead. 5:10 PM

what kind of ass runs a water pipe across and along side of an electrical outlet. 5:07 PM

you need to get off the computer and do more. 5:04 PM

I shall respond to these comments.

1) YOU own a flooring company. I own a floor sander. YOU have probably sanded a whole lot of floors. I have sanded a total of 9 floors in my life and 6 of them were covered in this thick crappy lac paint that melts with friction, smells like burnt flesh and gums up my sand paper. I hate stripping paint but I also hate changing sand paper every 2 minutes for 2 hours plus the time it takes to change 60 pieces of sand paper. This blog isn't for experts like you, it is for MEAT HEADS like me who do things a certain way because it is what I chose to do, not because someone is paying me to do it and I want it done as quickly as possible. You should read some of my past posts about using shellac instead of stain and polyurethane on my floors. Then you can come up with all kinds of reasons to call me an asshole!

2) I put that electrical outlet in 6 years ago when I rewired my house. I have never used it, I will remove it in a few years when I refinish my plaster walls with lime plaster and whitewash. It is a GFCI socket so if it gets wet it will shut off. It took me five whole weeks to rewire this place and put in three-way and four-way switches in all the rooms including those with solid brick walls on four sides. Where were you 5 years ago when you could have told me how I could do it more quickly? It is not my electrical work that you should concern yourself with, it is my plumbing!

3) If you were smart enough to research my life before making this comment, you would have discovered that I am quite a busy person. I am a stay at home dad and a home school advocate. I am the president of my neighborhood association and organize two neighborhood yard sales, a summer festival, an alley sweep, a monthly newsletter and a weekly playgroup in our neighborhood of 2500 homes and 5000 residents. When I have time I am rehabbing the house which this blog describes while maintaining another that is almost 100 years old. I also travel significant distances several times a year and make a concerted effort to meet other house blog writers during these trips. For me this blog is therapeutic, for you it is a target for anonymous insults. I have nothing better to do with my time than write about my experience with a little humor so that I can help others through their own home remodelling efforts. You have nothing better to do with yours than insult the likes of me without doing any research first.

If you want to know why I do things a certain way you can ask me politely and I will answer. That is what the comment section is for. I have nothing to hide and if you scan this blog and the web pages that I have put together you can find my name, addresses, phone number and my background and other achievements. I'm man enough to stand up for myself and accept full responsibility for what I do and say. I don't cower behind the anonymity that the Internet and Comcast cable provides you. If you are so ready to insult someone you have never met, who is willing to take on every challenge associated with renovating a 4000 square foot 162 year old house that had been subdivided into 4 apartments, then I hate to think what you say about your customers after they have paid you.

Before you chose to insult others, take a look at the voids in your own life. You can't make yourself happy so I bet you try to make others miserable. If you would like to post your name and address in the comments I will be sure to send you the A. Richard Head award certificate that you have just rightfully earned!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo! Gary.

Out of many who post to Houseblogs, you are one of my favorites. Mainly because you're funny and you do EVERYTHING by yourself and share what you've learned with others.

Anonymous said...

That's right - tell him to shove it. It's very easy to be self-righteous and say YOU would do it the "right way" when you're not the one doing it.

Last week I had an anonymous commenter rip on how stupid we were for doing our own electrical, and how we shouldn't have bought the house if we couldn't hire a pro to do it. He said he hoped our house burned down. Lovely!

Peter said...

What a meat head he is! You're doing a great job Gary. I love your blog.

Anonymous said...

Go Gary! Love your blog, I've read every single post going way way back.

Of course Mr. Richard Head didn't identify himself. The coward!

Joe said...

Wow. After reading number 3, you ARE a busy man! Next time I'm too tired to do that small little project, I'll think of you.

Our Little Bungalow said...

Go Gary GO! LOL What a dipshit!

Chad said...

"your a meathead."

How ironic.

kendra said...

*kicks anonymous jerk squah in the nuts*

Anonymous said...

You smell like shellac. So there.

Midwest Bicycle Company said...

At 5/03/2007 9:56 PM, Chad said...

"your a meathead."

How ironic.
***********************************
I thought the same thing.

Poppy said...

Give 'em hell, Gary! You do a fab job on your house!

John said...

Gary, well said.

And, as someone who has only refinished three floors in their life, I have to agree. Sure you can sand down shellac and other mystery floor finishes, but just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Maggie said...

You are doing a super great job on your house. I really enjoy this site. I don't understand why some people are so rude and horrible. ~maggie

Jason and Heather said...

You should just disable anonymous posting. That's what I did after the very first time I got one. Someone was berating me for posting more than one time a day and didnt even have the balls to post with their username.

Larry said...

Hey...I know what your going through!!

Last week I had a guy try to get me to advertise a p***s pump on my blog!!