Friday, May 11, 2007

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

What a deal! This must be the best place to live (besides the crack house of course) in Dayton. Which is exactly where it is. BESIDE THE CRACK HOUSE!
Our neighbor is moving and wants to sell this place. It is next door to us, I mean right next door!




So if you want a house of your own and need a neighbor who knows what it takes to fix it up (and has most of the tools) then THIS is the place for you. It is a 4 square that was built around 1915 by Leonard Volkenand who lived in our house at that time. I haven't been in it but I know they are working on it to get it up to snuff. I'm certain it will need some work though. It has 3 bedrooms and one bath. The man who owns it is elderly and is moving into a trailer out in the country where it is peaceful and he can do some fishing! How much? I would guess somewhere in the $70,000 range. If you have been reading this blog for a while then you know the value will go up. Especially after I get the back yard cleared and the front landscaped! The only real bad news is that you have me as your neighbor....

8 comments:

Leslie said...

I just forwarded this to a couple of folks who I still know back in the Dayton area (My Dayton hx: Wayne HS one year, Stebbins HS one year/grad, Wright State 1 year, engineering co-op gig at GM in Fairborn while at UC). I told them to contact you directly if they wanted more info!

Anonymous said...

Are you going to hurl limestone at me via a trebuchet? That might be tempting...

kevin said...

And it's in stumbling distance of Tanks... but you got to watch that Wayne Ave. traffic.

Gary said...

For those of you who don't live in Dayton, "Tanks" is a bar up the street that is a popular hang out for University of Dayton students. I don't want people to think that the National Guard is going to use this house for target practice and if the new owner isn't a bad neighbor then I won't have to with that trebuchet I need to make out of all the pieces of wood that I have in my basement!

Jenn said...

"Especially after I get the back yard cleared and the front landscaped!"

Madly giggling as I read this. We'd have warring trowels, I think. Gardening is my passion!

Anonymous said...

If only I didn't just buy a house and wanted to live in Ohio...

Hayden said...

This had me plunged into a sudden daydream of living back in the midwest again. Love the people there, but - the weather!

Ranty said...

If I had any reason to move to Dayton, I'd buy it. Cuz man do I love me some 4 squares...