Monday, July 23, 2007

You Need a Positive Attitude.

I positively have an attitude. I hate plumbing with a passion. I'd fix one leak and another would spring up as a result of heating the copper pipe! On the stubborn ones I replaced the joints and that would cause the pipe to move due to its own weight which in turn caused two more leaks! Very frustrating stuff this plumbing is. After three afternoons, two trips to Lowes, fixing all the copper pipe leaks and getting the water heater to work (yay me!) I had to test the upper floor water lines which are all CPVC . There was one leak at the shut off valve in the basement to the hot water line because I used that wimpy white Teflon tape on some screw threads instead of the manly pink Teflon tape that is much thicker and less likely to leak. So I fixed this and proceeded to turn on the water to the upper floors. What do you think happened?

Wait for it......

Nothing! No leaks before the shower shut off and the two (count them, two) toilets are working!

That was yesterday. Today is a new day.....

Have I told you how much I hate plumbing? I'll hate it even more if I get another leak......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having a positive attitude can be difficult sometimes, especially when things don't really go as planned...